Friday, May 11, 2012

Paint Party Friday: Week 9, Year 2 Check In Featured Artist: Stephanie Corder



Welcome to Week 9 of Paint Party Friday (Year 2) and to the next edition of our Featured Artist Series! (Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? Please click here for details!) Our featured artist this week has been dazzling us with her amazing acrylics since Week 1! Please welcome Stephanie Corder of Dragonfly Design Studios.

1) Please tell us a bit about your personal history with painting. (When did you start painting? How has your painting evolved since you first started?)
I always knew I wanted to be an artist. I was lucky enough to have semi-private art lessons where we mostly used water colors and painted still lifes. Until I was in college, I only painted when I HAD to - I was scared of using color and especially afraid of acrylics which I thought of as “plastics pretending to be paint"!

2) What are your favorite techniques, media, and tools to use in creating your paintings?
Ironically enough, my favorite medium is now acrylic. When I was teaching my high school students how to paint, I fell in love with acrylics because of their forgiving nature and the ability to add numerous layers of color. As a result, I am no longer afraid of color OR painting!

3) What is your favorite thing to paint? Why?
I love painting flowers AND women- as for which is my favorite? It depends on my mood; I like to switch it up from time to time to keep myself on my toes!

4) What is your proudest painting moment and/or greatest painting achievement so far?
My whole family looks forward to art presents from me at Christmas and I always enjoy being able to give them a really special gift. I drew this when my youngest nephew was born- the caption reads, “Welcome to the world, Porter Jones”.


5) What's next in your painting future?
This is the best time of year for taking photos in the garden which usually inspires me to start a new flower painting- lately, the peonies have been calling to me!

Thanks so much, Stephanie! If you would like to see more of Stephanie's artwork, please visit her at:

Dragonfly Design Studios: http://dragonflydegignstudios.blogspot.com/

***

**Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? Click here for details!**

It was another fun and painting filled party last week at PPF! Now, here is our check-in for this week's party:

Please make sure to use your post URL address NOT your blog home page URL address as there are many late visitors who get confused as to which post is for PPF when they arrive (after Friday) at your website. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, an explanation of how this tool works can be found on Week 1 and Week 2 Check-Ins.


Have a great time at the party everyone and an excellent week!

36 comments:

  1. Fabulous PPF painting Stephanie! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie is an amazing artist. Nice to know a bit about her. I have been away awhile. I am anxious to see what everyone has been up to.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Stephanie's work. This painting is awesome. Great interview. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Happy Mother's Day to all artistic mother's and to all MOTHER'S in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do beautiful work Stephanie! Really love the little feet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had problems posting my link. it kept doing my last weeks link on Turkeys. I hope it has the one for this weeks..http://crisinor.blogspot.com/2012/05/ppf-journal-page.html if not this is the right link. SORRY. Love Stephanie's work. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie's work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is beautiful Stephanie! Thank you for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie really does wonderful work, I love what she makes, and she is a lovely person, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving Stephanie's work, she is a fabulous artist and always very supportive and generous. Loving both the artworks she has chosen to show here. Happy PPF everyone, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie art work is very stylish and well done ~ Thanks Stephanie and to Kristin and Eva for hosting ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those little feet are soooooooooo cute! And not an easy subject either... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a thrill to see you here Stephanie. I have to confess I am a very lucky girl because I'm on a journal swap with Steph which means that I'll be seeing her paintings 'in the flesh' all year and have one of my very own to keep at the end.

    Stephanie has such talent - the way she captures delicate flower petals is pure genius!

    Thanks again for everyone's support last week. It meant so much to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy PPF everyone! Thank God it's Friday and that I'm here with you all. Have a wonderful, artful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much Eva and Kristin- I feel so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've missed the past couple weeks, but I'm glad to be back at the party today! Beautiful work Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Stephanie on your fabulous interview...you are an amazing artist and I love your work!! Gorgeous pieces..brilliant!
    Victoria

    Happy PPF everyone

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy PPF!! So much fun getting to "meet" the featured artists! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, Stephanie! Love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely to read your interview of Stephanie, her art is lovely and full of beautiful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The baby feet are too precious-I love giving my art away too-it just feels right.take care

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Eva and Kristin, thanks to you both for the great paint party and the intertview with Stephanie, have a great week-end! I'm happy to be back here this week as missed last week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a work in progress - inspired by Van Gogh's The Sower. Looking at it now - I can see I need to warm up the color of the beach sand. I was trying too much for real here and Van Gogh didn't do "real" colors. He has always been one of my favorite artists - so much passion!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really beautiful lady, flowing and glowing, Stephanie. I am so happy you are now "not afraid"!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow... I love the bird!!! Happy paint party friday everyone!!! Have a fabulous weekend...
    xoxo!
    Renee
    www.fussitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Stephani, I love your work, beautiful colors in the blue painting. Love this interview every week, nice to read about all of you lovely laydies out there. Happy PPF to all of you..

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy PPF everyone! Beautiful work Stephanie! ♥

    Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I do enjoy seeing everyones work. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  30. so farI have visited 35 of you and I hope to get to everyone! the art here is so inspiring and fun to see the styles, all unique!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice work Stephanie...loved the cute lil legs :)
    Thanks Eva & Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm a bit late to the party again, but I can't wait to spend the week looking at everyone's creations! Happy PPF on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm late as well but these challenges give me the push to get painting each week rather than procrastinating. Happy Mothers day :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for hosting, I hope its not too late to post for the week. (??)

    ReplyDelete